The advantages of SSO are straightforward:
- Lower risk of loss due to weak password compromise.
- Lower risk of loss due to reuse of passwords. Once I have figured out the one you use. I own everything.
- If using enterprise SSO, then policies allow you to control access to applications. Removal of access is important during firings or layoffs.
- The IT team does not find themselves spending all day resetting passwords. This allows them to focus on projects that make money for the company.
- Higher associate satisfaction.